I would like to thank everyone who came forward and responded to our call for evidence, in which we received 180,000 responses sharing personal experiences and concerns about harassment and violence.
Enough is enough which is why we have published our new #tacklingVAWG strategy. There is nothing inevitable about violence against women and girls and together we can beat it.
Our strategy includes:
- A new national policing lead on violence against women and girls
- Street Safe tool to report areas where women feel unsafe
- Criminalising virginity testing
- New funding to improve women's safety at night
- Supporting teachers to deliver the new Relationship, Sex and Health Education curriculum
- Reviewing options to limit use of Non-Disclosure Agreements in sexual harassment cases in higher education
Find out more about our new strategy at: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tackling-violence-against-women-and-…